About the clinic:
The Gastroenterology clinic has a young, ambitious and highly qualified team of capable, complementary doctors with advanced knowledge and modern approach in the field of gastroenterology. The inpatient unit has eight inpatient rooms with 2, 3 and 5 beds. In the Clinic there are an ultrasound room and the endoscopy section where interventional endoscopic procedures are performed.
The Gastroenterology clinic carries out activities in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and follow-up of the whole range of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver diseases and diseases of the pancreas and biliary system.
The clinic has the latest generation of modern diagnostic high-tech equipment enabling the doctors for the most up-to-date complex approach in the diagnosis and treatment of patients according to the latest world standards.
It is also equipped with a state-of-the-art Philips EPQ 7 ultrasound scanner, a state-of-the-art Fuji Film high-definition HD endoscopy unit and a C-arm retina machine.
The following diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed:
- Diagnostic upper and lower endoscopy with routine application of virtual chromoendoscopy;
- Endoscopic polypectomy and argon-plasma coagulation;
- Endoscopic hemostasis /injection, thermal and mechanical/ in bleeding lesions of esophagus, stomach, duodenum;
- Endoscopic mucosal resection and endoscopic submucosal dissection for removal of early premalignant lesions of esophagus, stomach, colon;
- Endoscopic placement of gastrostomies;
- Endoscopic prosthesis with self-expanding metal prostheses for malignant obstruction;
- Balloon dilatation of esophagus under endoscopic control;
- Esophageal variceal ligation;
- Endoscopic treatment of anastomotic insufficiencies and fistulas;Endoscopic extraction of foreign bodies from the GIT;
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and related therapeutic interventions:
- papillosphincterotomy, balloon dilatation of papilla Fateri;
- extraction of concrements from the bile ducts, mechanical lithotripsy;
- Endocopeal prosthetics with plastic and self-expanding metal prostheses;
- intraductal biopsy.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic echoendoscopy:
- Characteristics and staging of subepithelial GIT lesions;
- Diagnostic refinement of pancreatic cystic neoplasms, solid tumors of the pancreas and periampullary tumors;
- Fine needle biopsy under echoendoscopic control for histological and/or cytological verification, sparing exploratory surgical interventions.
- Drainage in pancreatic pseudocysts.
- Ultrasound of abdominal organs and retroperitoneum
- conventional and Doppler ultrasonography;
- contrast-enhanced ultrasonography;
- non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis – elastography;
- performing percutaneous biopsies under ultrasound control;
- performing percutaneous drainages under ultrasonographic control.
The Gastroenterology clinic works together with the Clinic of Surgery in the field of so-called hybrid surgery. Intraoperative ultrasonography, endoscopic assisted laparoscopic surgery of the stomach, colon and biliary system are performed.
Goran Sarafiloski, MD gastroenterologist
Nikolay Rangelov Yosifov, MD gastroenterologist
Velichka Simeonova, MD gastroenterologist
Dimitar Dukovski, MD gastroenterology resident
Violina Dasheva, MD gastroenterology resident
Tsvetelina Yancheva, MD gastroenterology resident