About the department:
The department provides prophylaxis, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up of the entire range of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and the hepatobiliary system: liver diseases, diseases of the pancreas and biliary system; diagnosis of staging of all tumor diseases of the gastrointestinal tract; inflammatory bowel diseases – Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis; diseases of the small intestine; metabolic diseases.
With the help of high-tech equipment in sync with the most up-to-date European standards and recommendations, doctors apply gentle and innovative approaches and modern therapeutic solutions. The department has top-class ultrasonography devices: the Philips EPQ 7, Hitachi Arietta 750, Hitachi Aloka, as well as the Fibroscan device, which allows quick and easy non-invasive assessment of the degree of steatosis and fibrosis in the liver, and endoscopic HD-apparatus Olympus Evis X1 – here is one of the few places in the country where capsule endoscopy is performed for the diagnosis of diseases of the small intestine.
The following diagnostic and therapeutic procedures are performed in the Gastroenterology Department:
- conventional and Doppler ultrasonography;
- contrast-enhanced ultrasonography;
- non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis – Fibroscan and elastography;
- performing percutaneous biopsies under ultrasound control;
- performing percutaneous drains under sonographic control;
- diagnostic gastroscopy;
- ligation of esophageal varices;
- placement of percutaneous single-scope gastrostomy (PEG)
- diagnostic colonoscopy;
- capsule endoscopy;
- balloon dilatation under endoscopic control.