About the department:
The Thoracic surgery department at Heart and Brain Center of Excellence in Burgas, Bulgaria is a modern unit, meeting all healthcare standards. Thanks to the highly-qualified team and the modern medical equipment the department offers medical treatment on global level.
The team is focused on minimally invasive (VATS) and robotic-assisted operating techniques. In this way we guarantee our patients comfort, minimal perioperative pain with optimal cosmetic results, short length of stay, fast recovery and rapid returning to normal life.
Our specialists combine their diverse experience and qualifications to offer solutions to wide variety of conditions in the fields of thoracic, general and reconstructive surgery.
Our service includes imagining techniques, functional diagnostic modalities, preoperative assessment, postoperative physiotherapy and interdisciplinary consultations.
Main focus of our work covers:
– operative treatment of lung cancer, mesothelioma, esophageal cancer and neoplasms of the mediastinum;
– diagnostic operations of diseases of the lungs, mediastinum, lymphatic nodes, including mediastinoscopy, thoracoscopy (VATS), bronchoscopy; hybrid procedures as percutaneous tru-cut biopsy under ultrasonography/ roentgenosc opy guidance;
– palliative operations of end-stage neoplasms of the thoracic structures;
– operations of truncus sympathicus and plexus splanchnicus of hyperhydrosis and for pain relief of advanced pancreatic cancer and chronic pancreatitis.
– operations of the thyroid gland;
– treatment of diereses of the breasts;
– extirpation of benign tumors of the thoracic organs and chest wall;
– surgical interventions for pneumothorax, pulmonary emphysema, pleural and pericardial effusions;
– reconstructive operations of the chest wall with congenital and acquired deformities and defects;
– resection, reconstruction and suturing of the trachea, bronchi and esophagus in neoplasms, stenosis and trauma;
– extraction of foreign bodies from the tracheobronchial tree by conventional and bronchoscopic methods, as well as provision of the airway;
– resection, reconstruction and suturing of the diaphragm in hernias, injuries and tumors;
– complete diagnosis and treatment of parasitic cysts of the organs in the chest;
– operations on the mediastinum – biopsy and extirpation of neoplasms, drainage for infection, mediastinal lymphadenectomy, mediastinotomy, mediastinoscopy and operations of the chest duct;
– corrections for upper thoracic aperture syndrome – thoracic outlet syndrome;
– emergency surgical interventions for chest injuries;
Patients and their relatives are also provided with the support of psychologists experienced in Cognitive Behavioral and Schema Therapy.